Indoor Air Quality FAQs
Find the Indoor Air Quality Facts You Need in Our FAQs
There’s more to your indoor air than what temperature it is—it’s also about how clean it is. Martens Plumbing & Heating knows just how important your family’s health is, and we want to help you maintain it. Below, we’re sharing some helpful indoor air quality facts. Find the answer you’re looking for, then call us at 262-363-7146 for more info or service.
Believe it or not, indoor air pollutants can stem from anything—even cooking, carpeting, and household cleaners. Here are a few common culprits:
- Carbon monoxide
- Pet hair
The answer depends on the type of air filter you use and several household factors, including whether someone in the house has an illness or allergies, smokes indoors, or has pets. In general, replace standard one-inch filters every one to three months. If you use a media or high-efficiency particulate (HEPA) filter, clean or replace it every six to 12 months. Don’t know what filter your system needs? Our team is happy to help.
With a Wi-Fi thermostat, you can:
- Save money with automatic temperature adjustments to maximize your efficiency.
- Maintain a consistent temperature instead of wasting time adjusting a manual thermostat.
- Program your device to automatically adjust based on your schedule, be it daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Take control of multiple zones to regulate heating and cooling in different parts of your Mukwonago-area home.
- Adjust your temperature and other comfort settings from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet.
MERV stands for Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value. It’s a rating that measures how effectively air filters capture airborne pollutants. A higher rating indicates a higher removal efficiency than lower ratings.
The ideal range for humidity is between 30 and 50 percent. It’s important to monitor your levels because too much or too little moisture can cause serious comfort problems, including dry and itchy skin, bloody noses, and even certain illnesses. Ask us about a whole-home humidifier or dehumidifier to ensure your moisture levels stay right where they should be.
Looking for more ways to improve indoor air quality? Call us now at 262-363-7146 or contact us online.